Cardio Sucks

I really despise doing cardio. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this serious, serious dislike of cardiovascular activity. This comes from someone who used to be a runner! Like, I loved running. I would be so happy on a 5 miles run once I got past the three mile mark, or so. The endorphins kicked in, my tempo was comfortable, my mind blank. I just loved it.

And then I messed up my knees from running. It was only a half marathon, but boy did I wreck myself. I think it was somewhere around mile 11 that my feet and then my ankles and then my knees all went on strike, and I was painfully hobbling my way through the last couple of miles. Boy, that sucked. And the race was in Vegas, so getting anywhere was a huge feat of walking anyway, the blocks are so supernaturally long... Yeah, that sucked.

Anyway, now that my running days are behind me - mostly, anyway - I've been relegated to either walking or cardio machines, both of which bore the crap out of me.

That's all. I just wanted to vent.

After all, today is cardio day! UGH...

Comments

Popular Posts